MASTER OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND RECREATION
Started in 1996, the master’s in Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPER) at Emporia State University was the first fully accredited online master’s degree HPER program in the world.
The program is totally online, so students are never required to come to campus, however they are always welcome to visit.
What makes our online program unique?
• Emporia State University is ranked as a Best Online Graduate Education program in the nation, the highest rating of any Kansas school, by U.S. News & World Report.
• All HPER graduate courses are taught by faculty members with doctoral degrees and/or faculty members nationally recognized in the fields of health and physical education.
• The faculty in the HPER graduate program includes two past presidents of the national SHAPE organization, four national award winners in the areas of teaching and service, and eight past presidents of state-level professional organizations.
• Students from all 50 states, as well as several international countries, have earned their degrees or are currently enrolled in this unique and widely recognized graduate program.
• The HPER graduate program at Emporia State University is fully accredited through the Higher Learning Commission and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
To find out more, Request More Information using the form on the right.
Graduate Tuition & Campus Activity Fees
|School of Library & Information Management (SLIM)||$325.25*||$845.75*|
Costs are per credit hour
* Does not include tech fee of $8.30 per credit hour
‡ Does not include additional fee for Distance Education of $42 per course