We're all about opportunities! Enhance your toolset with a Master of Music with an Emphasis in Music Education! Make yourself more competitive in the market! Advance your career! Why get only recertification when you can earn a degree? With courses online in the fall and spring semesters and onsite during the summer, the MM with an Emphasis in Music Education at Emporia State University is designed for the working music educator or students fresh from a Bachelor degree wanting to further their education. Are you a performer? Explore the Master of Music with an Emphasis in Performance. Get the in-depth focus in your area to pursue your goals in performance. Our flexible programs allow you to design you degree to fit your needs. Our students have moved on to performance opportunities and graduate programs across the country.
- Music Education (Vocal and Instrumental)
Requirements and Courses
- MM Music Education Emphasis: Formal statement of your music education philosophy, video of you teaching class or directing an ensemble
- MM Performance Emphasis: Audition (call to schedule)
- The MM Music Education Emphasis has the option of either a thesis or a practicum. The practicum is developed with the major professor.
- The MM Performance Emphasis requires a graduate recital and program notes